The APS Academy has partnered with the University of Melbourne to design an innovative approach to public sector capability development. This post-graduate micro-credential, co-designed with practitioners from across government, is highly relevant and fit-for-purpose to build the capability of public sector regulatory staff.
Over 6 weeks, participants in this online course will:
- Enhance understanding of government regulatory systems
- Gain essential skills to evaluate regulatory processes
- Develop solutions for complex regulatory problems
- Enhance understanding of the role of regulators as stewards
- Critically analyse regulatory systems to support agencies’ and individuals’ make decisions in the public interest.
If you have regulatory practitioners in your agencies who wants to improve skills in public sector regulatory practice, then this is for them. Staff from diverse backgrounds of educational or disciplinary fields will together learn more about key concepts, frameworks, and skills required of regulators.
The Evaluating Regulatory Systems MicroCert provides:
- access to industry focused learning and development opportunities
- credit towards postgraduate degrees and unlock pathways to further studies
- improved capability with an industry recognised digital certificate
- knowledge of regulatory decision making.
The course costs $1,990 (incl. GST) with the next intake commencing on 12 June 2023. Once successfully completed, an Evaluating Regulatory Systems MicroCert be awarded. This digital certificate will warrant the achievement of knowledge, skills and capabilities outlined in the learning outcomes.