0.92% one-off payment – are agencies paying this to ses and equivalents?

Good morning – CASA is interested to know if with any up-coming SES/Equivalents salary increases you are also including the 0.92% as well.  Straw poll of 3 agencies indicates it is a bit divided.  Any information provided will be treated in confidence.

Thank you


Reviewing Aurion

Australian National Maritime Museum are currently reviewing Aurion, the cost benefits of updates and whether it is more suitable for larger agencies that can use all of its capabilities.

As a smaller agency, I feel that we may need a smaller system, thus I’d be interested in what agencies are doing.

  1. Is your agency currently using Aurion?
  2. If you’re using anything different, what system?
  3. Are you looking to move away from Aurion?

Many thanks


Bill Richards

Head of People & Culture

0421 432 282


METRICS REQUEST – Span of control

Just wondering if other small agencies with 250 or less employees would be able to share with me the number/make up of their HR teams i.e., headcount/FTE and classification and how many staff they supervise.


Kristy-Leigh Anderson

Productivity Commission


02 6240 3285



Individual Flexibility Arrangements

Good Morning,


The AEC is reviewing our approach to managing Individual Flexibility Arrangements and we are reaching out to other agencies to see if you can share any information about how you manage requests for additional salary.


Any information or guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.


Kind Regards,


Jess Walpole



Hello SAF colleagues

Australian Digital Health Agency is reviewing our Purchased Leave arrangements and related policy.

Would any agencies willing to share their Purchased Leave Policy with us (directly) or the wider SAF cohort?

Kind regards

Tash Williamson



Salary Sacrifice Arrangements

We would like to see what other small agencies do regarding Salary Sacrifice arrangements, what they have and how they operate.

I’d love to arrange to discuss over the phone as a first step.

Thanks in advance

Lisa Robilliard

Human Resources


Proud to be working on the lands of Ngunnawal and Ngambri peoples

Phone:   02 6243 1647

Email:    Lisa.Robilliard@ombudsman.gov.au

Public holiday substitution

I hope you had a lovely Christmas and are settling into 2023.

The Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority (APVMA) are looking to make contact with Agencies who have developed or implemented policies or guidelines about Public Holiday substitution.

My contact details are:

Angela Farrell, People Business Partner


Thank you for your assistance.

Cultural Leave during NAIDOC week

DPS is enquiring about the use of cultural leave during NAIDOC week.

In regards to the cultural leave, we were hoping to hear from other agencies as to who they have cultural leave available to during NAIDOC week.

Specifically, is it available to those of non-indigenous background to utilise in order to attend NAIDOC week celebrations, or is it just limited to Indigenous people to access during this time.

Any direction and advice would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ellen Patat-Tanevska

HR Advisor Legal and Conduct | Corporate Operations Branch

Corporate Services Division

T: 02 6277 9772 | E: ellen.patat-tanevska@aph.gov.au

Relocation Assistance Procedures and Policies

ACLEI would like to hear from agencies able to share procedures and policies on relocation assistance.

Thank you

Aimee Kerin

Assistant Director, People & Culture

(02) 6141 2246


Transition to Retirement Guidelines

 AMSA are keen to hear from agencies able to share examples of transition to retirement guidelines.

Many thanks,

Anna Sirosh