The Workplace Relations Group and the Workplace Relations Bargaining Taskforce work collaboratively to deliver the Australian Government’s workplace relations policies and support agencies in their workplace responsibilities.
The Workplace Relations Group undertake policy development, implementation and advice on workplace relations matters related to Commonwealth public sector employment, including enterprise bargaining, remuneration and conditions of employment.
The Workplace Relations Bargaining Taskforce support the current central negotiations of over 100 APS enterprise agreements. This is a high-profile reform activity working to address fragmentation in pay and conditions across the APS.
Provide specialist, high level policy advice on:
- Application and interpretation of the Government’s workplace relations policies;
- Terms and conditions of employment within the Commonwealth public sector;
- Enterprise bargaining and agreement making;
- Remuneration policy; and
- Relevant legislation including the Fair Work Act 2009, the Maternity Leave (Commonwealth Employees) Act 1973 and the Long Service Leave (Commonwealth Employees) Act 1976.
- Research and prepare high-level briefing material, correspondence, papers, reports and other workplace relations related documents.
- Establish effective working relationships with stakeholders and agencies, giving consideration to sensitive organisational, political and public sector issues.
- Undertake analysis, and monitoring and sharing developments in employment law and legislative change, in order to mitigate risks and improve workplace relations services.
- Establish effective working relationships within a team environment, building capability through coaching and developing others.
Skills and capabilities we need:
- The ability to provide, or a desire to develop skills in providing advice on a range on employment matters or similar, including the application of WR policies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High-level analytical skills.
- Sound judgement.
Please note, this opportunity is only open to current APS employees.
Closing Date: 11:30PM AEST, Thursday, 21 September 2023
For more information on this role or to apply now, please click here