Clean Energy Regulator
Chief Financial Officer
Executive Level 2
Are you a financial wizz with a passion for the environment? We are on the lookout for a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to lead our Finance Section for the next 12 months.
Are you someone who:
- Thrives in a complex and changing environment?
- Understands financial practice in government?
- Can provide advice on strategic investments and legislative and regulatory compliance?
Reporting to our Chief Operations Officer, you will lead our Finance Section. You’ll proactively operate in a complex and changing work environment, ensuring integration across the agency, including the agency’s direction and role within government.
By working collaboratively across the Corporate Branch with a high level of engagement and participation, the CFO will:
- Partner with the agency executive to ensure operational excellence and a cohesive approach to continuing change, improvement and delivery
- Plan and deliver streamlined corporate functions through active engagement across the agency
- Exercise influence, set strategic direction, and develop and implement operational processes aimed at ensuring the agency is supported and can achieve its business objectives
- Interpret, analyse and present financial related information to facilitate understanding and ensure alignment with business needs and strategic investments
- Ensure that public funds and resources are used efficiently in accordance with statutory and legislative requirements
- Provide high level advice on financial matters and strategic initiatives.
If you are interested in challenging and rewarding work in an agency responsible for administering legislation that will reduce carbon emissions and increase the use of clean energy in Australia, then this opportunity should not be missed!
Information on this vacancy, including access to the duty statement and selection criteria, is available at http://www.cleanenergyregulator.gov.au/About/Work-for-us. The candidate information pack is also attached to this posting.
Applications close 11.30pm on Friday 7 October 2022.
For further information please contact Karen Najjar on (02) 6159 3562 or via Karen.Najjar@cer.gov.auView Document-1