What you’ll do:
Are you passionate about leading and driving a dynamic and complex organisation-wide portfolio? Do you like negotiating and influencing through writing to a broad and diverse range of stakeholders? Does Portfolio Management excite you?
Then this is the role for you!
The Organisational Strategy, Change and Information Management (OSCIM) Branch have an immediate non-ongoing (specified term until November 2023) opportunity for the role of Portfolio Manager, Enterprise Portfolio Management Office at the Corporate Service Level 4 (equivalent EL1) level. This temporary position is open to current Commonwealth Government employees. CASA employ under the Civil Aviation Act 1988 and will facilitate an agency secondment arrangement or non-ongoing contract for the successful candidate.
The Portfolio Manager uses high levels of judgement and is responsible for the following:
- Collaborating across CASA to lead enterprise portfolio management and delivering a high level of expert and consistent advice on a range of program/project management matters.
- Supporting the delivery of project outcomes and working cooperatively and collaboratively with other operational and project teams including program/project management, design, IT and client services.
- Delivering the project management capability program across CASA, coordinating and oversighting project managers to ensure appropriate alignment of skills to projects.
- Managing the collection, consolidation and analysis of program and project data to support effective decision making by strategic committees and the CASA Board.
- Maintaining the Project Management, Assurance and Benefits Management Framework including a standard set of practices, processes and templates for managing projects consistently and efficiently to reduce project related risk and costs and support successful delivery.
- Establishing and delivering a program of project assurance reviews on a regular basis to support effective project management, and monitoring and reporting on compliance to ensure the organisation adheres to agreed policies and standards.
- Promoting workplace safety, equity and diversity, participative management and environmental management in the workplace and acting in accordance with CASA’s Values and Behaviours.
Skills and capability we need:
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven high-level skills and experience in leading and driving dynamic and complex organisation-wide portfolio management, using appropriate methodology, processes and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of an enterprise wide program of work, and the conduct of risk-based project governance/assurance/health reviews, against a formal project management and risk framework.
- Demonstrated experience or ability to lead a small team to effectively deliver effective oversight of an enterprise portfolio of work that achieves strategic objectives.
- Qualifications in project management or auditing.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with project management methodologies including Agile.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement and/or quality management and the monitoring, oversight and assessment of benefits realisation at an enterprise level.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and communication (verbal and written) skills to manage and influence a broad and diverse range of stakeholders, and drive innovative outcomes that support organisational priorities and strategies
What you’ll gain from the experience:
- Opportunity to work with a regulator in the Aviation sector.
- You will be contributing to reports that go directly to various Executive committees such as the Major Programs Board, Board Audit and Risk Committee, the Executive Committee and the CASA Board.
- Further develop your project and program management skills in a regulatory environment.
- Work in an innovative space, conducting continuous improvements to help strengthen project and program governance in an organisational setting.
- Work side by side with the enterprise change management team and continue to help projects and programs bring in elements of change where our delivery includes looking after our people’s hearts and minds.
About our team:
The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) conducts safety regulation of civil air operations in Australia, Australian civil airspace and the operation of Australian aircraft overseas.
The Organisational Strategy, Change and Information Management (OSCIM) Branch supports CASA through enterprise-wide business improvement and transformational initiatives. This includes providing centralised portfolio management and oversight of projects, information and knowledge management and innovation, enterprise change management support, strategic business planning and facilitating a whole of CASA approach to the implementation of human centred design.
The Portfolio Manager within the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) works under broad direction and exercises a considerable degree of independence guiding and supporting the successful delivery of complex programs and projects through the provision of strategic and operational guidance and support.
How to apply:
To apply for the role, email your CV and one page pitch by 11.59pm ADST, Thursday 30 March 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org