The job opportunity
The Museum has an exciting opportunity for an experienced finance professional to join the Finance team as a Financial/Management Accountant, assisting with the management and delivery of the Museum’s financial operations.
The Finance team has responsibility for delivery and oversight of end-to-end financial management at the Museum. The incumbent will work closely with the Finance team and business units across the Museum, to support and improve financial operations, practices and service delivery.
What will the successful candidate bring to the role?
The successful candidate will have experience in financial management and operational roles, with exposure to organisation-wide financial planning, service delivery, reporting and administration activities. This includes, but is not limited to:
• delivering key financial operations including month and year end close processes, preparing complex journals and reconciliations, and undertaking financial data interrogation and analysis
• managing and overseeing the delivery of accounts payable and receivable and other administrative functions (e.g. travel, credit cards)
• assisting with the development, reporting and analysis of detailed and complex financial information, including budgets, forecasts and results
• contributing to the preparation of annual financial statements and other statutory reports, including taxation (e.g. GST, BAS, FBT) and other external reporting requirements (e.g., whole-of-government and regulatory)
• developing, implementing and reviewing policies, processes and systems to improve performance and respond to the needs of the business
• building team culture, capacity and capability, while demonstrating an awareness and personal commitment to the APS Values and Code of Conduct
• tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance or business-related disciplines, and professional accounting qualifications (or progress towards) are highly regarded
• experience with TechnologyOne or other similar financial management information systems is highly regarded
To be eligible to apply for this vacancy, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen
- undergo pre-employment checks, including a police records check
- obtain and maintain a valid security clearance at Baseline level
Ready to apply?
Applicants must respond to each of the selection criteria (maximum of 2 pages in total), provide a current CV and include contact details for 2 referees in their application.
Visit https://www.nma.gov.au/about/employment and apply online.
Application close date: 11.30pm (AEDT) on Friday, 7 October 2022
Position contact: Rohan Haslam, Chief Finance Officer on email@example.com or 02 6208 5053