APS6 Executive Coordinator
Reporting to the Gallery Director, the occupant of this position is required to provide high level support to the Director, Board, Executive team and sub-committees of the Gallery. The successful applicant with have a bright and positive demeanour, the ability to work autonomously, manage competing deadlines and highly developed interpersonal skills are essential to fulfil this demanding role.
The role is being offered on an 18-month non-ongoing basis with the potential to become ongoing.
- Manage the operations of the Office of the Director including provision of high-level administrative support with diary management, meetings, hospitality, events, coordination of responses, briefings and presentations.
- As Secretary to the Gallery Board and its committees, manage the coordination of papers, agenda and work plan preparation, minute taking and distribution.
- Provide support to the committees to assist in the development of a strong governance framework, including policies and procedures to guide the operation of the committees, in conjunction with the Corporate Governance role.
- Monitor the Gallery’s critical activities in accordance with the Gallery’s PGPA Performance Framework (Corporate, Strategic and Annual Report) timelines.
- Using initiative and good judgement refer issues and allocate responsibility to appropriate action officers for resolution.
- Liaise on behalf of the Director with a range of stakeholders including members of the Gallery, Board, Donors, Government Officials, Diplomats, and the Gallery Executive with confidentiality and discretion.
- Coordinate and prepare agenda for Executive and All Staff meetings.
- Coordinate arrangements for domestic / international travel and visits for the Gallery Director, Board/Foundation Members and other officials as required.
Full position details and information on how to apply can be found: https://www.portrait.gov.au/content/employment
Applications close midnight Thursday 18 August.