The job opportunity
The Museum has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to join the Finance team as a Finance Officer, assisting with the delivery of the Museum’s financial operations.
The Finance team has responsibility for delivery and oversight of end-to-end financial management at the Museum. The incumbent will work closely with the Finance team and business units across the Museum, to support and improve financial operations, practices and service delivery.
What will the successful candidate bring to the role?
The successful candidate will have experience in financial operations administration and processing, and a proven track record of delivering business services professionally and efficiently. This includes, but is not limited to:
- performing and supervising day-to-day financial operations including accounts payable and receivable and other administrative functions (e.g. travel, credit cards)
- processing and reconciling daily transactional data, including bank reconciliation, external sales and related system processing and uploads, and non-complex month end tasks, including reconciliations, reallocation journals and other data integrity and review procedures
- responding to financial and other requests from across the Museum, elating to areas including finance policies and procedures, accounts management and transaction processing
- implementing finance policies and procedures, including suggesting opportunities for process improvement and simplification
- building team culture, capacity and capability, while demonstrating an awareness and personal commitment to the APS Values and Code of Conduct
- experience with TechnologyOne or other similar financial management information systems is highly regarded
To be eligible to apply for this vacancy, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen
- undergo pre-employment checks, including a police records check
- be able to obtain and maintain a valid security clearance at Baseline level
Ready to apply?
Applicants must respond to each of the selection criteria (maximum of 2 pages in total), provide a current CV and include contact details for 2 referees in their application.
Visit https://www.nma.gov.au/about/employment and apply online.
Application close date: 11.30pm (AEST) on Friday, 7 October 2022
Position contact: Rohan Haslam, Chief Finance Officer on email@example.com or 02 6208 5053