The APS 6 Property and Facilities Coordinator will support the Assistant Director and Director in coordinating the property requirements for the APS Academy Campuses, an exciting APS-wide initiative to bring data and digital capability into the APS, working collaboratively with groups across the Commission and with external stakeholders. The role will also provide support to in relation to building maintenance for all sites, including in a Heritage site (MoAD – Old Parliament House).
The APS6 Property and Facilities Coordinator will be responsible for managing other junior staff including tasking, providing direction, overseeing outcomes and managing performance.
Some tasks may include (but not limited to):
- Coordinating moves, including allocation of desks for staff being on boarded
- Coordinating a desk allocation system across each site
- Coordinating relevant information for property leases and sub-leases
- Coordinating facilities management projects and issues
- Supporting the delivery of effective building operations and services ensuring logged maintenance jobs are undertaken in a timely manner
- Promote a customer-focused culture within the work area and across the agency
- Preparing Executive Briefs and internal policy and procedures documentation
- Preparing Financial Management reports and updating budgets through the use of the IBM Cognos TM1 financial management systems.
- Managing staff and performance
- Coordinating quality assurance activities
- Coordinating procurement of goods and services including stationery supplies
Skills and capability we need:
Our ideal candidate must have experience providing in-depth property and facilities management across geographic locations. They will be independent, motivated, having high levels of integrity and attention to detail and must possess demonstrated:
- Experience in a property/facilities environment;
- Financial/budgetary experience;
- Managing internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Experience in managing staff and performance;
- A customer service focus;
- Attention to detail;
- An ability to work unsupervised;
- A proactive approach to work with the ability to multi-task;
- An ability to meet deadlines and not get flustered by short timeframe tasks;
- Ability to prepare executive level briefs;
- Strong team skills and an excellent relationship builder.
For further information or to apply now, head to Australian Public Service Commission – Property and Facilities Coordinator (nga.net.au)
If you have any queries please contact Gareth Appleton on 02 6202 3994 or email Gareth.email@example.com