Australia Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) is the national regulator for vocational education and training (VET).
We have exciting opportunities at the APS 4, APS Level 5, APS Level 6, and EL1 in our Regulatory Insights and Impact, Quality Assessment and Compliance, and Regulatory Engagement and Education Groups.
The Regulatory Insights and Impact Group is responsible for development, and delivery of data and intelligence acquisition and analysis, regulatory policy functions and the design and reform of our regulatory operations, strategic review, evaluation and research functions, and Information Communication Technology (ICT) functions.
The Quality Assessment and Compliance Group is responsible for assigning actions and performing the following regulatory functions as they relate to:
- taking a risk-based approach to assessing applications relating to registration (Registrations and Approvals)
assessing and accrediting VET courses (Course Accreditation)
- assessing provider performance against mandated standards (through audits and other activity) (Quality Assessment)
- managing compliance so that where non-compliance is identified, we determine the most appropriate and proportionate regulatory response (Compliance Management)
- conducting compliance activities (which may include investigations) where there is continued non-compliance and/or there is a significant risk of harm to students (Compliance Management)
- through engagement with providers, the Group is also responsible for promoting a culture of provider self-assurance and continuous improvement.
The Regulatory Engagement and Education Group is responsible for several functions including developing and delivering internal and external communication strategies, enhancing ASQA’s stakeholder engagement and delivering education and guidance for stakeholders in the VET sector. The Internal Review team is a multidisciplinary team that sits within the Regulatory Engagement and Education Group. The Internal Review Team undertake statutory reviews of decisions to ensure that ASQA’s decisions support the integrity of the national qualifications issued by training providers and to ensure that all stakeholders can have confidence in the decisions made by ASQA.
Visit our Current vacancies portal for more information, including the vacancy kit that outlines the instructions on how to apply.
Applications for the APS 5, APS 6 and EL1 close at 11:30 pm AEDT Friday 26 November 2021.
Applications for the APS 4 close at 11:30 pm AEDT Monday 6 December 2021.
If you have questions about these exciting opportunities, please email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.